8th World Investment Forum 2023
October 16, 2023 – October 20, 2023
The UNCTAD World Investment Forum is a biennial multi-stakeholder gathering at the level of Heads of States and Governments, CEOs, ministers and heads of international organizations, designed to facilitate dialogue and action on the world’s current and emerging investment-development challenges.
It is recognized by governments and business leaders as the pre-eminent global gathering for investment partnership and policymaking, providing a platform for interaction among the key stakeholders including policymakers and parliamentarians, CEOs of global companies, family businesses, heads of investment promotion agencies, investment treaty negotiators, impact investors and foundations, stock exchange executives, pension and sovereign wealth fund managers, international standard setters, entrepreneurs, academia and representatives of civil society.
The 8th World Investment Forum will be jam-packed with insightful events, impactful initiatives, and innovative solutions to global investment-for-development challenges.
The forum will aim to address key investment challenges caused by today’s multiple global crises, including the need to invest in food security, energy, health, supply chain resilience and productive capacity growth in the poorest countries – all under the established WIF theme of Investing in Sustainable Development.
In addition, the 2023 edition, which will take place immediately ahead of global talks on climate change at COP28 in the same location, will include a focused track on promoting climate finance and investment. The forum will provide policymakers and other stakeholders with the opportunity to find solutions and reach consensus on climate finance and investment priorities over the course of five days, with outcomes feeding into the COP negotiations.
The forum offers the chance to:
- Meet with the global investment community and network with high-level participants
- Deepen your understanding of the global investment and investment policy landscape
- Learn about the latest methods and tools for investment promotion and facilitation
- Participate in debates on sustainable finance and investment rules, governance, and standards
- Help shape the future of sustainable finance and investment
- Contribute to the development of climate finance and investment solutions